Husaberg
Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Suspension

Suspension Suspension and Handling Forum - bouncy bouncy!


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM   #41
Junior Member
 
Ocotillo Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: So Cal

Posts: 11
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Ok....I got me a 2011 FE390 and I have about 5 hours on it now. I LOVE this bike!

I wanna make it better though. I'm roughly 225lbs geared up. I hear all this great sounding stuff but I'm terrified...

It's possible this Berg is the best bike I've EVER owned. Still reserving judgment but I think this is the one.

Scared to "ruin" the bike.

The ONLY time I ever did suspension was to a new XR650R and took it to Al Bakers XR's only.

The bike was soooooo bad when I got it back I actually ended up selling it. It was twitchy, wouldn't go straight, bucked, kicked and swapped in whoops, deflected off any rock bigger than a golf ball and was just the scariest POS to ride since my 1979 KX80!!

My Berg is fatiguing to ride because from what I read here it sounds like I'm fighting it.

I'm mostly a trail rider in environments like Gorman.

What says you Dale? Thanks, OB
Ocotillo Boy is offline  
 
January 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM   #42
Moderator
 
Joined: Oct 2002
From: Sunland, CA

Posts: 3,116
Thanks: 8

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy
Ok....I got me a 2011 FE390 and I have about 5 hours on it now. I LOVE this bike!

I wanna make it better though. I'm roughly 225lbs geared up. I hear all this great sounding stuff but I'm terrified...

It's possible this Berg is the best bike I've EVER owned. Still reserving judgment but I think this is the one.

Scared to "ruin" the bike.

The ONLY time I ever did suspension was to a new XR650R and took it to Al Bakers XR's only.

The bike was soooooo bad when I got it back I actually ended up selling it. It was twitchy, wouldn't go straight, bucked, kicked and swapped in whoops, deflected off any rock bigger than a golf ball and was just the scariest POS to ride since my 1979 KX80!!

My Berg is fatiguing to ride because from what I read here it sounds like I'm fighting it.

I'm mostly a trail rider in environments like Gorman.

What says you Dale? Thanks, OB
Sent you a PM a few minutes ago..........

PM me your email, or just email me at fe501e@verizon.net and I will send you and order form, and once you have filled it out and sent it back I will send you a quote.

I guarantee that you will be extremely happy with how your bike will work. And I pride myself on the after sale customer support.

Currently your bike is grossly under sprung for your weight for starters, as well as not being balanced spring wise. And the valving front to rear further increases the imbalance.

Just waiting on you now! .
DaleEO is offline  
January 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #43
Junior Member
 
Ocotillo Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: So Cal

Posts: 11
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Got your email.....replied back.....just waiting on you now!
Ocotillo Boy is offline  
January 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #44
Junior Member
 
Ocotillo Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: So Cal

Posts: 11
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Hey Dale....question for ya....

I was reading some of your postings and your knowledge of bike setup is amazing!

Aside from suspension service do you offer a "bike setup" for lack of better words?

Meaning....can I bring you the whole bike, get the suspension done and set the sag etc etc upon pickup?

Some tips and such would be of GREAT help to me! My gut is telling me that your the guy who could help put me on the fast track to riding better on a properly setup machine.

Thanks, Bryan
Ocotillo Boy is offline  
January 4th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #45
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Boise Idaho

Posts: 1
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

hey Dale,

Sounds like you have the key to the setup for my new bike. What is the best way to provide you the info you need to do a quote for shipping and setup on my fork/shock?

Looking forward to riding your work.

Brad
(Boise, ID.)
majthumper is offline  
January 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #46
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2011
From:

Posts: 22
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Just an update of how well my suspension is doing.

WOW!! My bike just completly rocks!! And it just keeps getting better and better! I have about 20 hours on it now. Dale set it up perfectly and I have not even messed with a single clicker! And for a tuner to hit the bulls eye for a guy that weighs in at 325lbs on the first try is down right amazing!

My friends all love to ride my bike, and they are alot smaller than me, but this bike works every where, even for a lighter person.

All I can say is....Get Dale to work on your bike, it is worth twice what he charges!!

Thank you Dale!

Edit; Forgot to mention the 70 Degree Sub-frame Tank that Dale also builds, again...WOW! An extra 1.25 gallons (gotta lift the front wheel to get this much in it)of gas!! No leaks, no runs, no drips. Fantastic!! Money well spent!!
BIG-E is offline  
January 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #47
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From:

Posts: 3
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Adding fuel to the fire...also interested to find out more on Dale 'E' O suspension work and how to begin the process. I'm a 6'2'', 240 lb novice / intermediate enduro ( trees, rocks, sandwash, mud, etc. ) rider. Some courses have a little MX thrown in, so bottoming resistance is a factor. I typically like a softer fork than most riders...and maybe that's a problem in balancing suspension? Still, I'm forever looking for less harsh initial stroke than any tuner has ever done for me. In the rear, I struggle with the later stages of the races, as the courses tend to get very chopped out. The back end is always getting kicked around and deflecting off of trail junk. I've started using the Tubliss system in my rear tires, and that DOES make an improvement absorbing some sharp hits. I'll be on a 11 390 Berg this year. Haven't rode it yet, but I know the spring rates will be too soft. Final question for all: why aren't titanium springs more utilized on suspensions? Cost? Or, is there some inherent property that makes Ti less suitable?
boymess is offline  
January 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #48
Moderator
 
Joined: Oct 2002
From: Sunland, CA

Posts: 3,116
Thanks: 8

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Originally Posted by majthumper
hey Dale,

Sounds like you have the key to the setup for my new bike. What is the best way to provide you the info you need to do a quote for shipping and setup on my fork/shock?

Looking forward to riding your work.

Brad
(Boise, ID.)
Brad,

Got your email and the order form should be in your inbox!

Thanks!
DaleEO is offline  
January 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #49
Moderator
 
Joined: Oct 2002
From: Sunland, CA

Posts: 3,116
Thanks: 8

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Originally Posted by boymess
Adding fuel to the fire...also interested to find out more on Dale 'E' O suspension work and how to begin the process. I'm a 6'2'', 240 lb novice / intermediate enduro ( trees, rocks, sandwash, mud, etc. ) rider. Some courses have a little MX thrown in, so bottoming resistance is a factor. I typically like a softer fork than most riders...and maybe that's a problem in balancing suspension? Still, I'm forever looking for less harsh initial stroke than any tuner has ever done for me. In the rear, I struggle with the later stages of the races, as the courses tend to get very chopped out. The back end is always getting kicked around and deflecting off of trail junk. I've started using the Tubliss system in my rear tires, and that DOES make an improvement absorbing some sharp hits. I'll be on a 11 390 Berg this year. Haven't rode it yet, but I know the spring rates will be too soft. Final question for all: why aren't titanium springs more utilized on suspensions? Cost? Or, is there some inherent property that makes Ti less suitable?
HI There!

I just did a set up for a guy with a 390! Please email me at fe501e@verizon.net and I will send you an order form to fill out and email me back. Once that is done, I will send you a quote.

Thanks for your interest!

Dale
DaleEO is offline  
January 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #50
Moderator
 
Joined: Oct 2002
From: Sunland, CA

Posts: 3,116
Thanks: 8

I Ride:
Re: Dale 'E' O Engineering DOES suspension!

Originally Posted by BIG-E
Just an update of how well my suspension is doing.

WOW!! My bike just completly rocks!! And it just keeps getting better and better! I have about 20 hours on it now. Dale set it up perfectly and I have not even messed with a single clicker! And for a tuner to hit the bulls eye for a guy that weighs in at 325lbs on the first try is down right amazing!

My friends all love to ride my bike, and they are alot smaller than me, but this bike works every where, even for a lighter person.

All I can say is....Get Dale to work on your bike, it is worth twice what he charges!!

Thank you Dale!

Edit; Forgot to mention the 70 Degree Sub-frame Tank that Dale also builds, again...WOW! An extra 1.25 gallons (gotta lift the front wheel to get this much in it)of gas!! No leaks, no runs, no drips. Fantastic!! Money well spent!!
Thanks for the great props BIG-E! I'm glad that your bike is working great! Give me a call if you have any questions.

Dale
DaleEO is offline  
Reply

  Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Suspension

Tags
dale, engineering, suspension



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dale E O Engineering DaleEO Marketplace 7 July 18th, 2016 06:24 PM
enduro engineering rad cages will cooling fan fit??? walker1008 Cooling Systems 22 March 22nd, 2011 04:21 PM
Barron Engineering husabutt Marketplace 0 December 12th, 2008 09:06 AM
Thanks Dale 650Montana Fuel 1 August 5th, 2006 10:38 AM
Pix for Dale L. kelsow Husaberg 2 April 26th, 2006 01:16 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed