Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Husaberg Forum > SuperMoto

SuperMoto SuperMoto Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 4th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #1
Junior Member
1st00fe600's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2006
From: nor cal

Posts: 16
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
2000 fe600e sm conversion ? and info on making street legal

Hey everyone ,im obviously new hear and to the supermotard scene, through a long string of trades i ended up with a fairly clean 2000 fe600e ,seems to be relatively low hours(although it seems from the color previous owner did not like changing oil!) this bike did not come with a head light or tail light , (please tell me if i am not correct on model) but has the electric start.
ok so 1st question is about affordable 17" wheels(i know im funny)
what bikes are wheels are interchangable? ktm? husky? (if so models and years?)does anyone in the US have a set of 17's they want to part with?

2nd question is about making my new berg pass through the california (i hate this state at times ,well at least the people in power) dmv as far as lighting ,signals( i prefer hand signals....well at least a finger ;P) horn ,brake light and switches, horn etc.. i know there are some after market companies that sell kits(baja designs?...i couldnt decode theyre husky/husaberg info as far as models on there web site) but being that i am prone to both being cheap and priding in do it myselfness i was wondering if anyone has scabbed their own "legal" kit together ,anyone has any basic wiring schematic that i could take a look at ?
i greatly appreciate any info on either subject! i have been checking out the site for the last couple of days and everyone on here seems to be very cool and willing to help! ....... i know you have to pay to play...i dont mind spending money .. i just dont have much lol.... spending the money on the wheels doesnt bother me much but $500 bucks for some turn signals and a few switches... isnt there another way?
Thank You All Very Much and i look forward to being on this site at least as long as i have my berg!
P.s. i traded my 98 ktm sc 620 in fair condition for the berg after barley 2 weeks of owning it .... even though the ktm was streetable(one ride down my street and i was sold!)
Attached Thumbnails
2000 fe600e sm  conversion ? and info on making street legal-bikes-004.jpg   2000 fe600e sm  conversion ? and info on making street legal-bikes-007.jpg  
1st00fe600 is offline  
July 4th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
JoeUSA's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2001
From: Pasadena Ca.

Posts: 1,355
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: 2000 fe600e sm conversion ? and info on making street l


I hate to spoil your day, but at this point (bike is used and did not have a plate on it when you bought it), you probably will not get it plated in California.

Here is a summary:

I have attached a letter for you:

Here is where you can read and download the various regulations regarding street licensing an off road motorcycle. I hope yours at least has a valid Green Sticker (off road license).

Your Berg came with an off road head light. It has an alternator large enough to handle the street equipment.

A street legal motorcycle in California needs a DOT head light (high and low beam), front and rear turn indicators, horn, brake light, tail light, DOT tires, and 2 mirrors.

There is still a way for you to get the street papers. I am not familiar with the process, but the regulation should be on the DMV web site. It deals with reregistering the motorcycle as a custom built machine. You are allowed to do this once a life time in California for a streetable machine.

Maybe somebody else will jump in here and be able to better help you.

Good Luck,

Attached Files
File Type: doc DualSport.doc (23.5 KB, 48 views)
JoeUSA is offline  
July 5th, 2006, 05:23 AM   #3
Junior Member
1st00fe600's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2006
From: nor cal

Posts: 16
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: 2000 fe600e sm conversion ? and info on making street l

right on joe i appreciate the help ....i actually have be friended a dmv employee here in my town ...she says the only thing that has changed as far as regestering an off road vehicles ,is that vehicles 2003 and newer have to be ommission approved (green ,not red sticker) i luckly have 2000 which sneaks by with a green sticker ..she says if i follow these guidlines it should be easy and i do not have to do a special construction!

How do I change an eligible California registered OHV to on-highway registration?

To change your eligible OHV to on-highway registration you will need:

The OHV Certificate of Title
A vehicle verification to determine if the vehicle has an emission label that qualifies it for on-highway registration
A Statement of Facts (REG 256) stating, “I have received the form CHP 888 (motorcycles) or CHP 885 (other vehicles) and certify this vehicle is in compliance with all requirements.â€
1st00fe600 is offline  

  Husaberg Forum > Husaberg Forum > SuperMoto

2000, conversion, fe600e, info, legal, making, street

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making my 2011 FE390 street legal Nsrrider Husaberg 23 October 7th, 2013 07:29 PM
making an 08 Fe450 street legal - what to buy? matikrimerman Electrical 10 August 15th, 2010 11:53 PM
Making my Berg U.S Street legal - Exhaust question matikrimerman Exhausts 15 June 27th, 2009 06:13 PM
Making FS650c street legal - Help new2berg Electrical 3 October 31st, 2007 11:22 AM
any cheap way of making a SM conversion $$$ marto SuperMoto 20 May 5th, 2006 02:56 AM

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed