Husaberg
Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 27th, 2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Kaipara Flats, New Zealand

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1998 Husaberg FC400..... I think ;)
1998 FC400... I think

Hi everyone

New here. Just bought this lovely old Husaberg. Not going off course. I got told the stator is not working. Does anybody know whether the stator off another bike could be made to work?

Good news is: Really good compression..., yeeha

I've got the stator off, and the magnets on the outside are all loose

Here are some details off the frame and the engine:

Frame: YU7FC4000W0000007

Cylinder stamp: 1141474

Bottom end stamps: Right Side - 220048 ---- Left Side - 220049


Cheers
Justin
Thanks from tourist
JCapitao is offline  
 
May 28th, 2019, 12:46 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2001
From: Ely, England

Posts: 15,753
Thanks: 458

I Ride: Husaberg FE501e 2003
welcome fella

you should have the last year of the ignition cover being black plastic on the right hand end of the crank? 1999 has an alloy cover with an inspection hole at 11 o clock.

all husaberg stators from the FEs will fit. that is 1989 to 1998. they are all the same. no other bike has the same stator.

stator readings required are 23 for green to black and 1,700 for red to black and it is the red to black that goes.

as for the magnets, well a lot do it and it is no problem. they stay where they are for years. but there is also a magnet glue you can buy from loctite. code is 326.

Taffy
Taffy is offline  
June 5th, 2019, 05:56 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Kaipara Flats, New Zealand

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1998 Husaberg FC400..... I think ;)
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
welcome fella

you should have the last year of the ignition cover being black plastic on the right hand end of the crank? 1999 has an alloy cover with an inspection hole at 11 o clock.

all husaberg stators from the FEs will fit. that is 1989 to 1998. they are all the same. no other bike has the same stator.

stator readings required are 23 for green to black and 1,700 for red to black and it is the red to black that goes.

as for the magnets, well a lot do it and it is no problem. they stay where they are for years. but there is also a magnet glue you can buy from loctite. code is 326.

Taffy
Hi Taffy

Cheers for the welcome mate. I'll be hassling everyone on here for a long time coming. I love the old single cylinder thumpers. Had a 86 TT600 before, yeah boy..., and then a XR600 after that. Was fun getting those guys going

As for the Husaberg, you are correct, plastic cover. I'll start searching for some FE stators, cheers for that.

Another question everyone...

1) Manual for my FC400, or am i out of luck on that one.
2) I found this spark plug in the bike, and i don't think it is right one....NGK C7HSA... This spark plug is meant for chinese bikes, 50cc-150cc. Anyone know which is the correct one? Previous muppet damaged the thread as well...gggrrrrr

Thanks in advance
JC
JCapitao is offline  
June 5th, 2019, 08:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
husabutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
From: Escondido, Ca. USA

Posts: 3,072
Thanks: 323

I Ride: 2005 Fe450,2001 Fx470,1997 Fx600
Ask and you shall receive:

Stock spark plug is a NGK C8E

1998 Parts and Owners Manual, Use the 1999 Service Manual
On Google Drive https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...m1raXIzWWFPb1U

On this forum:

1998 Service / Workshop Manual 1999& pre2000 Husaberg engine repair manual

1997 Sales Brochure (97 & 98 models are similar) 1997 Sales Brochure

Front Forks shop manual WP 5060 Extreme Forks Manual

1999 Rear Shock Workshop Manual WP Suspension 5018 PDS 1999 Rear Shock Absorber Workshop Manual

1998 Spare Parts Manual 1998 Husaberg - Spare Parts Manual

1998 Husaberg Promo Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNem4PbZH8&t=9s
Thanks from JCapitao
husabutt is offline  
June 6th, 2019, 02:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2001
From: Ely, England

Posts: 15,753
Thanks: 458

I Ride: Husaberg FE501e 2003
I sell new stators for yours fella. also, i gave someone the 1998 sales brochure to scan so i'm surprised we don't have it. I'll PM you a copy Eric and maybe you can add it?

Husabutt is right it was the C8E but I'm a great believer in the iridium versions. so the CR8EIX is the chosed one.

199827 for the stator

cheers

Taffy
Thanks from JCapitao
Taffy is offline  
June 6th, 2019, 10:47 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Kaipara Flats, New Zealand

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1998 Husaberg FC400..... I think ;)
You legend

Originally Posted by husabutt View Post
Ask and you shall receive:

Stock spark plug is a NGK C8E

1998 Parts and Owners Manual, Use the 1999 Service Manual
On Google Drive https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...m1raXIzWWFPb1U

On this forum:

1998 Service / Workshop Manual 1999& pre2000 Husaberg engine repair manual

1997 Sales Brochure (97 & 98 models are similar) 1997 Sales Brochure

Front Forks shop manual WP 5060 Extreme Forks Manual

1999 Rear Shock Workshop Manual WP Suspension 5018 PDS 1999 Rear Shock Absorber Workshop Manual

1998 Spare Parts Manual 1998 Husaberg - Spare Parts Manual

1998 Husaberg Promo Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNem4PbZH8&t=9s

You bladdy legend.... Love you guys!
JCapitao is offline  
June 6th, 2019, 10:47 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Kaipara Flats, New Zealand

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1998 Husaberg FC400..... I think ;)
Legendary

Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
I sell new stators for yours fella. also, i gave someone the 1998 sales brochure to scan so i'm surprised we don't have it. I'll PM you a copy Eric and maybe you can add it?

Husabutt is right it was the C8E but I'm a great believer in the iridium versions. so the CR8EIX is the chosed one.

199827 for the stator

cheers

Taffy
You bladdy legend...., thank you so much!!
JCapitao is offline  
June 6th, 2019, 10:49 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Kaipara Flats, New Zealand

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1998 Husaberg FC400..... I think ;)
Stator price and postage

Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
I sell new stators for yours fella. also, i gave someone the 1998 sales brochure to scan so i'm surprised we don't have it. I'll PM you a copy Eric and maybe you can add it?

Husabutt is right it was the C8E but I'm a great believer in the iridium versions. so the CR8EIX is the chosed one.

199827 for the stator

cheers

Taffy
Taffy, how much for a stator, including postage to New Zealand please?
JCapitao is offline  
June 6th, 2019, 11:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2001
From: Ely, England

Posts: 15,753
Thanks: 458

I Ride: Husaberg FE501e 2003
160gbp and 10 post if you call and pay with your card. that is the cheapect oprion. you'll have to call between 8-11am UK time as I am off at 1 o clock.

Wales here I come!

yachi da!

taffy
Taffy is offline  
June 7th, 2019, 07:00 AM   #10
Moderator
 
ned37's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
From: back in cottonwood, az

Posts: 2,353
Thanks: 203

I Ride: '08 HUSKY te610
keep an eye out for him fraser, he's a walking violation.
ned37 is offline  
Reply

  Husaberg Forum > Lobby > New Users

Tags
1998, fc400



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOLD! compatablility of 1998 fc400 engine tydreamer Classifieds 0 November 2nd, 2015 10:43 PM
Another start problem fc400 1998 no idea what to do Urban Mechanical 6 October 5th, 2014 02:49 AM
1998 FC400 stator rrich224 Electrical 6 March 1st, 2011 08:32 AM
Need Help - 96 FC400 jetting gmac Fuel 4 May 31st, 2005 11:53 AM
Kickstand for an FC400? jimmydean Tech 9 September 23rd, 2004 03:22 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed