Husaberg Forum

Husaberg Forum (
-   New Users (
-   -   Husaberg fc 550 2003 (

Rick46 September 20th, 2014 11:08 AM

Husaberg fc 550 2003

Where do I find parts for my husaberg fc 550 2003 ?
The engine cover on the left hand side has a small crack and is losing oil so would like to replace it but can't find anywhere on line that lists the part can any one help?


tourist September 20th, 2014 11:18 AM

if a new cover proves hard to find then they CAN be welded by a professional with the right equipment - and further, metal- or ceramic-reinforced epoxy can also work wonders (JB-Weld, Weicon repair stick), and more magic still can be produced with a wire mesh support under the epoxy filler

My apologies for only having an orthogonal answer for you though :)

Kayeffess September 20th, 2014 02:59 PM

eBay or taffmeisters. T

bushmechanic September 20th, 2014 03:28 PM

also available are

DCR in the uk Dave Clarke Racing Accessories

and more suppliers listed in my signature

Rick46 September 25th, 2014 01:01 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys, I followed the tourist advice and used an epoxy filler, which seems to have done the trick.

Taffy September 27th, 2014 12:35 AM

Hello Rick

you'll find everything you need for the Husabergs at mine fella, link to my web site underneath.



husabutt September 27th, 2014 09:37 AM

tourist September 27th, 2014 10:28 AM

As we're on the subject, are the Husaberg covers magnesium alloy or just simple aluminium? Both are (relatively) easily weldable by a good welder with the right gear, but afaik it can cost quite a bit more to have the complex alloys welded as it needs to happen in a special atmosphere or something.

As on my DR-Z400, it's been said that the only lightweight component on the bike are the magnesium engine covers :) Famous for cracking and can cost to have 'em repaired.

Seems like the 'Berg covers are more sturdy as they're certainly taken into grittier terrain but I don't see busted covers being discussed nearly as much here as on the 'Zook forums?

One thing I was taught on group rides here is that at least one backpack on a ride should contain some JB-Weld or similar. (What's the common name for this reinforced epoxy type of stuff? Here it's "málmsteypa", translates to metal cement or metal filler.)

Bluto September 27th, 2014 12:44 PM

I used DEVCON EPOXY ALUMINUM , with good results.

Here a test:

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Copyright © 2019 Husaberg Forum. All rights reserved.