Husaberg Forum

Husaberg Forum (http://husaberg.org/husaberg-forums.php)
-   Marketplace (http://husaberg.org/marketplace/)
-   -   Which UK dealer? (http://husaberg.org/marketplace/13459-uk-dealer.html)

rwhite148f February 7th, 2011 02:39 PM

Which UK dealer?
 
Hello all,

Well i've pretty much decided I want a Berg, not quite sure which one yet. One of the FE range.

I live in South Yorkshire but work in Oxfordshire so i'm going to have to drive a little way to any of the dealers. These are the ones I've found:

Craig's Motorcycles Dewsbury,
The KTM Centre Hemel Hampstead,
AMS Motorcycles Tewkesbury,
Gear 4 Direct Peterborough,
Midwest Racing Melksham.

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or knows of any other dealers?

Thanks
Whitey

nick790 February 7th, 2011 02:58 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Got mine from gear 4, they have some deals at the moment as well.

pegscraper February 7th, 2011 05:01 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Looking at the main Husaberg website the only dealers shown are Craig's in Dewsbury, Midwest nr Bristol and St. Blazey Motorcycles in Plymouth? Ended up getting mine from Gear 4 nr Peterborough.

Rich T February 7th, 2011 10:39 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
I have been involved in m/cycles best part of 35 yrs and have had a multitude of different bikes which has included many dealers, however i have yet to find one better than Midwest Racing in Melksham Wiltshire, it is run by Simon/Graham and jason who are passionate about what they do and there customer service is there trump card. i have a Husaberg dealer on my doorstep but i choose to travel nearly 160 mile round trip simply because they are that good and that knowledgable.... definitely worth a call.

Rich T

nick790 February 8th, 2011 12:14 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
I buy my parts from midwest, and there the kiddies to ask on technical issues, but didn't have any good deals when I wanted to buy my bike. AMS also hold a good stock and have some deals. But there a bit of a trek for you!

plumbbob February 8th, 2011 09:49 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
You mean you turn your back on the natural charms and people skills of your local dealer Rich?




Hmmm, on second thoughts the 160 mile round trip sounds a better option.

fakesy February 8th, 2011 10:44 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by plumbbob
You mean you turn your back on the natural charms and people skills of your local dealer Rich?




Hmmm, on second thoughts the 160 mile round trip sounds a better option.

um,think i know who u mean,i went there with in my pocket to buy new berg but they didnt even bother & carried on chatting among them selves,(but to be fair found them good on spares).so i got mine from ams & can recomend them & he did budge on the price at the time.i know people who got theres from midwest & said there fab

cypher February 8th, 2011 11:44 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pegscraper
Looking at the main Husaberg website the only dealers shown are Craig's in Dewsbury, Midwest nr Bristol and St. Blazey Motorcycles in Plymouth? Ended up getting mine from Gear 4 nr Peterborough.

wouldn't pay much attention to that list i've never known it to be correct.

only husaberg dealers i've ever dealt with was clarkey when he was doing the and mid-west.
no particular reason just happened they had the bikes i wanted at the right price when i wanted one.

rwhite148f February 8th, 2011 11:46 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Thanks for the replies.

Rich out of interest which is your local dealer? Should I avoid them?

Rich T February 8th, 2011 10:08 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
PM sent

OldEars February 9th, 2011 04:16 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
ive never really had a problem with the local dealer, i am guessing your talking about popes

plumbbob February 9th, 2011 10:14 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Don't say it out loud three times Oldears!! Oh no thats Beetlejuice :oops:

When i first got my old 650 i asked them for some advice on starting it, answer; Buy a new one!
Average service at best over the years, will use them if i need something urgently on a saturday for a sunday ride but otherwise on the phone to DCR or Midwest......... Gary Grover has been very helpful too for engine advice and different springs to play with.

matty385 February 9th, 2011 12:46 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
midwest.worth the journey were ever you are

rwhite148f February 15th, 2011 07:48 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Went to see the Boys at Midwest yesterday, very helpful, even when i arrived 5 mins before closing.

johny February 15th, 2011 11:36 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
I had a problem with my 09 fe 450 the dealer which I bought the bike from, was only really interested I giving me 10% discount card, whereas Midwest couldn't of been more helpful, I must of made 30 calls for advice, they called me back when they couldnt answer swiftly,that type of service should be supported, I had a couple of warranty issues which they told me about, not the dealer I purchased the bike from, if I buy a new bike, it'll be from Midwest, and I'll be staying blue :-))))
Hope this helps

bing July 22nd, 2011 03:21 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
I ordered some stuff from Midwest ( I live in Australia) on the 7th May this year and a month later had not received any of it. I sent an email and received a reply from Jason who stated he would chase it up. Another month and a half later and no replies despite two more emails sent. In fact the silence has been deafening. I am struggling to call that good service.

bushmechanic July 22nd, 2011 04:25 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
there was a thread on this on DBW recently most people find the UK vendors in general like to do things on their own terms, as customers we aren't as important to them as we would like to be

time to call Team America :D

Taffy July 22nd, 2011 09:04 AM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johny
I had a problem with my 09 fe 450 the dealer which I bought the bike from, was only really interested I giving me 10% discount card, whereas Midwest couldn't of been more helpful, I must of made 30 calls for advice, they called me back when they couldnt answer swiftly,that type of service should be supported, I had a couple of warranty issues which they told me about, not the dealer I purchased the bike from, if I buy a new bike, it'll be from Midwest, and I'll be staying blue :-))))
Hope this helps

The previous three posts to yours mentioned just how well Mid-west look after their customers. They ARE very helpful and I don't think I've ever met a harder working or better Partsman than Jason.

I hope you get it resolved. Nobody wants to give bad service.

regards

Taffy

birdwoodburg July 22nd, 2011 02:02 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
I email these guys about some part took long breaks between emails so in the end brought parts through Boss in the states very helpfull quick and reasonable cheap (even better now aussie dollar is strong). Good luck getting your parts. Maybe we should do group buys to OZ.

noggin July 22nd, 2011 02:17 PM

Re: Which UK dealer?
 
if your in barnsley, craigs dewsbury is worth a visit
im in hudds and they delivered my new (2011) fx450 today
they seem like good eggs. i chopped my klx250 in there was already a good deal on the fx and they still
put lights on free of charge
they did what they said and did it when they said they would. so good service so far
i dont think they have any 2011 stock left and are expecting 2012 soon dont know what models or how many tho
still its worth a potter and a natter i reckon

Howlinwolf October 26th, 2017 04:52 PM

Just a suggestion, things to consider before parting with your cash to avoid buying on a whim.
What's the intended purpose of the bike. Your skill level.. Your age. How much medical insurance do you have lol
Maybe a call to taffmeisters.. Can put you on track.
Will it be for strictly off road, or what percentage of x over.. Dirt/ Tarmac
Do you have mechanical skill levels.
If the keyword is fun fun fun .. Grab a 390 as fast as you can.... If you can find one

carbonberg February 7th, 2018 08:41 AM

I use Midwest as they are local to me but I'd say Dave Clark as He used to be one of the main berg dealers

Taffy March 21st, 2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonberg (Post 184723)
I use Midwest as they are local to me but I'd say Dave Clark as He used to be one of the main berg dealers

DCR used to be the importer. but he got thrown off the job and lost dealership status in the "night of the long knives".

If anyone can support these people now it is me. :p

I am having 4 parts made this week.

kickstart recessed washers
crank oil feed nipples
starter mount brackets
I have had 450 liners made...stronger than the original

we have found a cheaper supplier for;
the polyamide bearing
the large woodruff key
the small woodruff key

we brought 30,000 worth of 1989-2000 Husaberg spares from Sweden as New Old Stock (NOS) last May in order to help keep these bikes running.

the main dealers don't have the stock anymore. If people support us we can afford to have rare spares made.

I would have 20 x 550 con rods made but I can't get the money back on them I don't think.

I have done 20 x 501 rod kits and I can't get a return on my money.

maybe a bit more honesty is called for...

taffy

carbonberg March 22nd, 2018 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy (Post 185370)
DCR used to be the importer. but he got thrown off the job and lost dealership status in the "night of the long knives".

If anyone can support these people now it is me. :p

I am having 4 parts made this week.

kickstart recessed washers
crank oil feed nipples
starter mount brackets
I have had 450 liners made...stronger than the original

we have found a cheaper supplier for;
the polyamide bearing
the large woodruff key
the small woodruff key

we brought 30,000 worth of 1989-2000 Husaberg spares from Sweden as New Old Stock (NOS) last May in order to help keep these bikes running.

the main dealers don't have the stock anymore. If people support us we can afford to have rare spares made.

I would have 20 x 550 con rods made but I can't get the money back on them I don't think.

I have done 20 x 501 rod kits and I can't get a return on my money.

maybe a bit more honesty is called for...

taffy

good for you I was putting across who I use and Midwest always come up trumps as they were berg dealers and kept there dealership when Dave lost his in fact they put right what you did wrong on my bike!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Copyright © 2019 Husaberg Forum. All rights reserved.