Husaberg
Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Buy and Sell > Marketplace

Marketplace Business products, services, events, specials, sales


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
December 27th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
contiman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: FRANCE

Posts: 147
Thanks: 1

I Ride: Husaberg 710 by CRP
Re: Billet cylinder head

nice vid mats
contiman is offline  
 
January 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Dr_C's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
From: Sweden

Posts: 767
Thanks: 553

I Ride: Husaberg Supermono, Ducati 888sp5
Re: Billet cylinder head

Hi again, friends!
Now the piston has found it's new employer. I'm afraid it will turn out to be a quite stressful environment.

[youtube:2qfojvsn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxucrs2ZrU[/youtube:2qfojvsn]
Dr_C is offline  
January 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2007
From: ???

Posts: 775
Thanks: 278

I Ride:
Re: Billet cylinder head

Great stuff DrC!

How much use can you get out off a 82mm stroke crank?
Has any special preparation been done to it?
Would like to use one of those but have been advised otherwise.
Hope you don`t mind me asking.

Cheers

spanner
spanner is offline  
January 2nd, 2011, 01:46 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Dr_C's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
From: Sweden

Posts: 767
Thanks: 553

I Ride: Husaberg Supermono, Ducati 888sp5
Re: Billet cylinder head

Originally Posted by spanner
Great stuff DrC!

How much use can you get out off a 82mm stroke crank?
Has any special preparation been done to it?
Would like to use one of those but have been advised otherwise.
Hope you don`t mind me asking.

Cheers

spanner
Thanks, Spanner!
The crank (pin and mains) is, without a doubt, the weak point of this design! With the existing high state of tune, I need to take the engine apart after every race weekend (max 2-3 hours). If the new stuff then adds some ponies, I calculate with replacing mains (spherical bearings) after every race weekend. I do believe the 80mm (?) stroke crank copes better. I would have liked to use that one together with a larger bore (103-104mm) and a steel liner. For a more std application, you can get a new (82mm) crank, with the new improved support for backing up the roller bearings inner ring. Maybe that would be worth a try?
Dr_C is offline  
January 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Bluto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
From: The Netherlands

Posts: 199
Thanks: 15

I Ride: FE 550
Re: Billet cylinder head

Pure Porn that video,love your work.
Keep them coming those video's Mats!!
(Funny,I have the same vice,a Heuer right?)
Bluto is offline  
January 3rd, 2011, 02:48 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2001
From: Ely, England

Posts: 14,820
Thanks: 294

I Ride:
Re: Billet cylinder head

nice one again mats!

just a suggestion one important (to my eyes anyway) and one not so important:
measure your squish in line with the gudgeon pin for valid results and use spagghetti solder in a 'hickledy-pickledy' way. (basically a "figure-of-eight"). mix it into the plasticine (a scottish invention) and always do both sides at the same time.

secondly, I use it in the valve pocket bottoms (not radially) in the same way and then just pull it out and use the jaws of the vernier gauge to measure it and not the heel (or tail). i make sure it is used sparingly as the solder can tip the piston.

regards

Taffy
Taffy is offline  
January 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM   #87
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From:

Posts: 2
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Billet cylinder head

Hej Dr c. Fantastic project you are working on. Are you using standard ignition? I am using a special ignition on my 650 02 super moto. might be interresting for you. Its a drag racing ignition, with fully programably ignition curves pre set from your pc. Fires with 3 sparks in a row for better combustion. You can make 2 or 3 different ignition curves for different tracks, weather, training with a swift on the handle bar. Comes with small battery for ca 4 hours racing, ignition coil and pick up unit with jack for computer. It has done wonders to my bike in power and starting. I can send pictures if you are interested. I am from dk by the way. regards akaberg
akaberg is offline  
January 3rd, 2011, 11:28 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Dr_C's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
From: Sweden

Posts: 767
Thanks: 553

I Ride: Husaberg Supermono, Ducati 888sp5
Re: Billet cylinder head

Originally Posted by akaberg
Hej Dr c. Fantastic project you are working on. Are you using standard ignition? I am using a special ignition on my 650 02 super moto. might be interresting for you. Its a drag racing ignition, with fully programably ignition curves pre set from your pc. Fires with 3 sparks in a row for better combustion. You can make 2 or 3 different ignition curves for different tracks, weather, training with a swift on the handle bar. Comes with small battery for ca 4 hours racing, ignition coil and pick up unit with jack for computer. It has done wonders to my bike in power and starting. I can send pictures if you are interested. I am from dk by the way. regards akaberg
Tak så meget, Akaberg!
Your ignition sounds very interesting! On my previous engines I have used a reprogrammed SEM and did some tests with a programmable unit from HPI. For this latest DOHC-project, I'm using a Microsquirt EFI, also for the 3D ignition map. I will give that a go before I look in other directions. But there must be many people here at UHE interested to know more about your experience with this system you are using!

Originally Posted by Taffy
nice one again mats!

just a suggestion one important (to my eyes anyway) and one not so important:
measure your squish in line with the gudgeon pin for valid results and use spagghetti solder in a 'hickledy-pickledy' way. (basically a "figure-of-eight"). mix it into the plasticine (a scottish invention) and always do both sides at the same time.

secondly, I use it in the valve pocket bottoms (not radially) in the same way and then just pull it out and use the jaws of the vernier gauge to measure it and not the heel (or tail). i make sure it is used sparingly as the solder can tip the piston.

regards

Taffy
Thanks, Taffy!
The clip is showing just some seconds of each moment and is by no means supposed to be tuturial, complete or even showing exactly how I'm doing things. I agree totally to the necessity of measuring squish more careful, as you mentioned. As clay does not require any force to deform and therefore does not affect the result, I will "stick" to the clay (supposed to be a fun comment - ha...)
Dr_C is offline  
January 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2007
From: ???

Posts: 775
Thanks: 278

I Ride:
Re: Billet cylinder head

Akaberg, I would be interested to know more about the ignition you have on
your bike.
Probably best to start a new thread though.

Cheers spanner
spanner is offline  
January 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: The Netherlands

Posts: 467
Thanks: 12

I Ride:
Re: Billet cylinder head

Originally Posted by spanner
Akaberg, I would be interested to know more about the ignition you have on
your bike.
Probably best to start a new thread though.

Cheers spanner
I'm interested too!!
ElSnorro is offline  
Reply

  Husaberg Forum > Buy and Sell > Marketplace

Tags
billet, cylinder, head



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cylinder head spiney Mechanical 6 September 6th, 2008 11:17 PM
Billet head stock item? Smorgasbord Mechanical 12 October 29th, 2007 11:44 AM
cylinder head volume. sparks Mechanical 2 July 6th, 2007 08:13 AM
Cylinder head volume??? PowerFiend Mechanical 6 February 5th, 2006 02:30 AM
04 fe450e cylinder head BIGKID Mechanical 2 December 7th, 2004 08:06 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed