Husaberg Forum

Husaberg Forum (http://husaberg.org/husaberg-forums.php)
-   Husaberg (http://husaberg.org/husaberg/)
-   -   Does one sell a berg (http://husaberg.org/husaberg/24739-does-one-sell-berg.html)

rosenberg 450 08 December 9th, 2017 08:31 PM

Does one sell a berg
 
I am talking about real Husabergs here the 2008 and before.
I just went for a bit of a ride thinking well this will be my last ride, my knees and back are to bugged to do good rides anymore, but when I went out boy this thing is great and I can ride it like the wind, I am thinking no I can't sell it, this is just too good.
Coming back home I come across a red belly black snake and stop 1ft away in swamp land with 4ft high weeds all around and I am thinking f--k what's this c--t going to do, I will just keep the revs up hand hope he f 's off, can't see him he's gone under all the sh-t and it's as greasy as a butchers prick I could easy come off and land on the prick and I could not see shit where the track is as it's all over grown but I made it out. f that felt good but I was thinking I hope the bastard not on the bike :eek: the old heart rate went up :hugeeyes:

All the old stomping grounds are closed off and ya warned to keep out :cry: and that makes me think f it.
I could keep the bike for ever, I would not by another, road a mates 300 Berg what a sh-t box they are compared to a real Berg and how effortless they are to ride with total confidence in what she can do.
I don't know of anyone who has sold a real berg they just keep them for ever.

FE350 December 9th, 2017 11:18 PM

I think you meant to say 1988 to 1995 as Husaberg after 95 is KTM 100% the only thing Husa is the original factory. All research, development and design was done right at KTM. From the time the Ready to Race was stolen and placed on KTM's was the day Husa was no longer Husa.

fedge December 10th, 2017 02:22 AM

rosenberg, weather it a older one or a KTM built one, I agree they are different than any other bike every developed for off road.
The KTM influence really didn't happen till 2012 with the introduction of the T2's.
I had one of the 250's and sold it but still have the 94 and the 06. one early one and a so called KTM.
Knee's replaced to old to compete but love to hit the trail every once in awhile just to feel the way the bike pulls you through the trails.

fedge.

Taffy December 10th, 2017 03:02 AM

Rosenberg has a 2008 450, it says it on the tin!

love the bit about the snake! LMAO!!!!

all Husabergs were designed in Orebro, Sweden right to the end. They only closed the R & D facility in 2014. all the 2009-2012s were designed in Sweden by a Swede.

that 2009-2012 engine could have been fantastic but KTM would NOT give them a Budget or anytime whatsoever to develop them. I've always said that if they had shunted that engine down 100cc or up 100cc it would have been a great engine. 450, 550, 650 or go the other way and 250, 350, 450. Knowing Husaberg and the weight, i reckon they would have gone up and we would have had a replacement 650 one day.

It's said that they were given 6-weeks to test for the 2010, 2011, 2012 models. kinda like showing someone a meal and then withdrawing it immediately!

far from husabergs being designed by KTM it is the KTMs that were designed by Husaberg. "OUR" Husaberg 2000 engine, the last year with the waterpump on the head is also the first year of the same engine in a KTM. KTM demanded OUR design and told Husaberg, "Now phuq off and design another engine that looks nothing like our new (sic) design that you gave us.

so they had the RFS engine and we got the 2001-2003 engine.

I rest my case....

Taffy

Whosaberg December 10th, 2017 09:48 AM

Yeah, Sorry. You lost me after your "Real Husabergs" quote. How to slag off half your audience in the first sentence. Way to go. It's a kin to me saying you've got a got a poorly made Husqvarna (early berg). I've got a bike. It says' Husaberg on the side. It has a 70 degree engine-never used by KTM: it's a real Husaberg.


Quote:

Originally Posted by rosenberg 450 08 (Post 184138)
I am talking about real Husabergs here the 2008 and before.
I just went for a bit of a ride thinking well this will be my last ride, my knees and back are to bugged to do good rides anymore, but when I went out boy this thing is great and I can ride it like the wind, I am thinking no I can't sell it, this is just too good.
Coming back home I come across a red belly black snake and stop 1ft away in swamp land with 4ft high weeds all around and I am thinking f--k what's this c--t going to do, I will just keep the revs up hand hope he f 's off, can't see him he's gone under all the sh-t and it's as greasy as a butchers prick I could easy come off and land on the prick and I could not see shit where the track is as it's all over grown but I made it out. f that felt good but I was thinking I hope the bastard not on the bike :eek: the old heart rate went up :hugeeyes:

All the old stomping grounds are closed off and ya warned to keep out :cry: and that makes me think f it.
I could keep the bike for ever, I would not by another, road a mates 300 Berg what a sh-t box they are compared to a real Berg and how effortless they are to ride with total confidence in what she can do.
I don't know of anyone who has sold a real berg they just keep them for ever.


Dkupf December 10th, 2017 10:47 AM

Keep the bike mate you will regret selling it for a long time if you don't.I felt like you once to old,nowhere to ride any more. so sold my bike and regretted it for a long time until I got enough money together to buy another (550fe)Now days I'm involved with the local m/x club as a official and do organised trail rides when I can. :cool:

canadius December 10th, 2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosaberg (Post 184144)
Yeah, Sorry. You lost me after your "Real Husabergs" quote. How to slag off half your audience in the first sentence. Way to go. It's a kin to me saying you've got a got a poorly made Husqvarna (early berg). I've got a bike. It says' Husaberg on the side. It has a 70 degree engine-never used by KTM: it's a real Husaberg.


Word.

My first thought when reading the OP was "are you high?" :p

New, old, all Husabergs have a home here. Parochial grade-school BS, not so much.

rosenberg 450 08 December 10th, 2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosaberg (Post 184144)
Yeah, Sorry. You lost me after your "Real Husabergs" quote. How to slag off half your audience in the first sentence. Way to go. It's a kin to me saying you've got a got a poorly made Husqvarna (early berg). I've got a bike. It says' Husaberg on the side. It has a 70 degree engine-never used by KTM: it's a real Husaberg.

That's ok, but what I mean is the Husabergs that I am talking about are a different animal to the rest, not saying that the others are bad or anything, but have you ridden a 2008 or before Berg, that's the thing I am talking about, I am talking about magic here. I would sell the newer bergs at the drop of a hat with no problems, but them old bergs like mine, well I have ridden all the new Enduro Bikes around and yes they can have good points but at the end of the day they just don't cut it for me truly like my berg does, I am glad to get back on my berg any day overall.
The bike can save you as I have come across some sh-t and closed my eyes thinking f u-k I am coming of real bad :eek: this is going to hurt real quick like and then it's like f u-k :unsure: am I dead :unsure:
It's a different bike to ride to most and I think it's a bike that always stays upright where others will fall over.

If they brought out a new bike just as mine is I would sure as eggs buy such over all the new bikes out their any day.

I bought mine in late 2009 it was the last one on the floor and I bought it because a mate got the 2007 650 and still has it, he had a 300 berg as well but when the conversation turns to the 650 then you see the devotion to it, all bikes he had before it and after it are nothing to him in the story's he spins and he can spin a lot of BS but half of it is true.:giggle: on the piss and all mind, I have seen people fall off their chair telling story's in the pub after a ride but Mick takes the cake. ;)

SunnyRSA December 11th, 2017 05:05 AM

There are quite a few pre 2009 Bergs and 70 degree Bergs for sale in South Africa. It seems just about impossible to sell a Husaberg in this country, if it is not a new KTM then nobody wants it. Quite sad to see these bikes listed online month after month....

FE350 December 11th, 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy (Post 184141)
Rosenberg has a 2008 450, it says it on the tin!

love the bit about the snake! LMAO!!!!

all Husabergs were designed in Orebro, Sweden right to the end. They only closed the R & D facility in 2014. all the 2009-2012s were designed in Sweden by a Swede.

that 2009-2012 engine could have been fantastic but KTM would NOT give them a Budget or anytime whatsoever to develop them. I've always said that if they had shunted that engine down 100cc or up 100cc it would have been a great engine. 450, 550, 650 or go the other way and 250, 350, 450. Knowing Husaberg and the weight, i reckon they would have gone up and we would have had a replacement 650 one day.

It's said that they were given 6-weeks to test for the 2010, 2011, 2012 models. kinda like showing someone a meal and then withdrawing it immediately!

far from husabergs being designed by KTM it is the KTMs that were designed by Husaberg. "OUR" Husaberg 2000 engine, the last year with the waterpump on the head is also the first year of the same engine in a KTM. KTM demanded OUR design and told Husaberg, "Now phuq off and design another engine that looks nothing like our new (sic) design that you gave us.

so they had the RFS engine and we got the 2001-2003 engine.

I rest my case....

Taffy

Not slandering Husa as I think they are very unique and are something to hold onto. And also not to Boost KTM to the moon. But facts are facts.

The R&D was all done in Mattighofen after the take over. And unless Mattighofen is in your atlas as being in Sweden than this statement of Sweden is not correct. The only thing that stayed was the Motorsport division in what they did not design or build anything. The were even assembled in Mattighofen from what I think was 200 and something.
Yes KTM did use ideas from their own department and by no ways was the RFS Husabergs idea prior the sale, as all R&D was done in the same office and then the big shots choosing what went where. Prior KTM taking Husa over they were the poorest designed engines ever, so nothing special with that. KTM saved them as they would have been broke shortly after if KTM did not purchase. They had no budget or funding as they were a failure. It took KTM to make them what they are.
So anyone who says Husa from after the sale was not a KTM is incorrect. Just a different model of the KTM is all.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:29 PM.

Copyright © 2018 Husaberg Forum. All rights reserved.