Husaberg
Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Fuel

Fuel Fuel Delivery


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 22nd, 2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Martinsville Illinois

Posts: 6
Thanks: 0

I Ride: 1999 fe 400 e
choke issues

I just got a 99 fe 400 e. it runs really good. problem is it runs with choke open. close the choke and it dies. any idea what is going on? it does have a small split in the boot going from the airbox to the carb. would this effect the choke like that? Any help would be greatful!!
nikolz12 is offline  
 
March 22nd, 2015, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Oregon Trail's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Jacksonville, Oregon

Posts: 193
Thanks: 46

I Ride: 2014 KTM 300 XC, 2014 KTM 250 XC, 2007 Husaberg FE450, 1999 RM125
Check pilot jet and air mixture screw, maybe a good carb cleaning too???
Oregon Trail is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 01:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 916
Thanks: 95

I Ride: 01 Husaberg fe650
Originally Posted by nikolz12 View Post
I just got a 99 fe 400 e. it runs really good. problem is it runs with choke open. close the choke and it dies. any idea what is going on? it does have a small split in the boot going from the airbox to the carb. would this effect the choke like that? Any help would be greatful!!
Clean carb and fix that crack in the boot! If dirt is getting in, a dirty carb will be the least of your troubles.
Kayeffess is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 06:45 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Martinsville Illinois

Posts: 6
Thanks: 0

I Ride: 1999 fe 400 e
carb just got a good going threw and it still does the same thing. and any idea where I could get a new boot from the airbox to the carb for this??
nikolz12 is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Oregon Trail's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Jacksonville, Oregon

Posts: 193
Thanks: 46

I Ride: 2014 KTM 300 XC, 2014 KTM 250 XC, 2007 Husaberg FE450, 1999 RM125
Does that have the Delorto carb?
Oregon Trail is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 08:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
husabutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
From: Escondido, Ca. USA

Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 316

I Ride: 2005 Fe450,2001 Fx470,1997 Fx600
Originally Posted by nikolz12 View Post
carb just got a good going threw and it still does the same thing. and any idea where I could get a new boot from the airbox to the carb for this??
Did you remove the pilot jet and poke it through with a welding torch tip cleaner or equivalent?
husabutt is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 04:31 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Martinsville Illinois

Posts: 6
Thanks: 0

I Ride: 1999 fe 400 e
I am not sure what carb is on it. I just got it and ha e not looked into that closely yet. The guy I got it from is the one that cleaned the carb. He said it ran like that the whole time he had it too.
nikolz12 is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 06:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Oregon Trail's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Jacksonville, Oregon

Posts: 193
Thanks: 46

I Ride: 2014 KTM 300 XC, 2014 KTM 250 XC, 2007 Husaberg FE450, 1999 RM125
Originally Posted by nikolz12 View Post
I am not sure what carb is on it. I just got it and ha e not looked into that closely yet. The guy I got it from is the one that cleaned the carb. He said it ran like that the whole time he had it too.
I would go thru the carb and really clean it, new pilot and check all rubber pieces like gaskets. Never trust what the previous owner said they did.
Oregon Trail is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 07:14 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Martinsville Illinois

Posts: 6
Thanks: 0

I Ride: 1999 fe 400 e
I am planning on it. Does anyone know where I could get some parts? Like the Airbox to carb boot?
nikolz12 is offline  
March 23rd, 2015, 09:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
husabutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
From: Escondido, Ca. USA

Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 316

I Ride: 2005 Fe450,2001 Fx470,1997 Fx600
Originally Posted by nikolz12 View Post
I am planning on it. Does anyone know where I could get some parts? Like the Airbox to carb boot?
H15006401 CARBURETOR CONNECTING BOOT 9 (superceeded) $36.76

Munn Racing

Taffmeisters - Husaberg, KTM, Husqvarna, Gas Gas, dirt bikes - servicing, tuning, rebuilds, parts

Bozarth's Offroad Service Specialities

MotoXotica - Home

These are all highly reputable.
husabutt is offline  
Reply

  Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Fuel

Tags
choke, issues



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
501fe 03 choke xenri90 Fuel 3 August 25th, 2010 12:24 AM
MK 1 FCR - no choke loz16h Fuel 4 April 28th, 2009 10:28 PM
choke Taffy Husaberg 2 August 27th, 2007 01:56 PM
Loading up on the choke? doctorcorey Fuel 0 November 28th, 2005 05:13 PM
choke Taffy Fuel 2 August 7th, 2005 10:21 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed