Husaberg
Go Back   Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Cooling Systems

Cooling Systems Cooling Systems - Radiators, Water Pumps, Fans, Coolant, etc.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
December 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2008
From: Canada

Posts: 24
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
KTM 530 THERMOSWITCH 95-100 DG, 2008, 2009

Old thread new info??

KTM Part #78035045000 THERMOSWITCH 95-100 DG will swap out the 80-85DG switch that comes standard with the fan kit. This should help with battery charging and E- starting reliability by limiting the excessive running of the fan in tight woods or extreme use situations.


Ed...
fasteddy is offline  
 
December 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2001
From: Loomis, CA

Posts: 448
Thanks: 4

I Ride:
I buy my thermo-sensors from http://www.partsgeek.com for my KTM's. Order 'Auxiliary Fan Switches' (='s thermo-sensor) for a 1984 BMW 318i Sedan. They are inexpensive, $14 or $28 depending on the brand, and available in at least 4 heat ranges ranging from 82 C (180 F) to 99 C (210 F).
The radiator bunghole size is about 14mm which is likely the same as the Berg.
Chas is offline  
December 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2002
From: Snowy Mountains NSW Australia

Posts: 1,588
Thanks: 128

I Ride:
http://www.husaberg.org/index.php?set_a ... _photo.php

14 * 1.5

Steve
steve is offline  
February 12th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 28
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: KTM 530 THERMOSWITCH 95-100 DG, 2008, 2009

Originally Posted by fasteddy
Old thread new info??

KTM Part #78035045000 THERMOSWITCH 95-100 DG will swap out the 80-85DG switch that comes standard with the fan kit.
Just a "heads up" for those interested in this topic. Just found out today that the above item is "discontinued" in KTM's parts list.
GoldenBoy is offline  
July 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Arizona

Posts: 9
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Originally Posted by Chas
I buy my thermo-sensors from http://www.partsgeek.com for my KTM's. Order 'Auxiliary Fan Switches' (='s thermo-sensor) for a 1984 BMW 318i Sedan. They are inexpensive, $14 or $28 depending on the brand, and available in at least 4 heat ranges ranging from 82 C (180 F) to 99 C (210 F).
The radiator bunghole size is about 14mm which is likely the same as the Berg.
Not sure how this translates overseas but for us Yanks I just picked this one up at NAPA for $20.

Threads are M14X1.5 - and is 95C on 90C off.

1984 BMW 318i Sedan

NAPA

Item#: ATM1435033
AZRen is offline  
March 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #26
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From:

Posts: 54
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
What about inline or surface mount switches?

Does anyone have a switch set up for radiators without the bung hole for the fan switch included in the fan kit? This link is from another thread (LeFrog?) but no details as to fit and function or which temp range. It is a surface mount switch, http://catalog.selcoproducts.com/cat...c-thermostats?

Also:
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_indA.asp?PN=ATM-2280
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...asp?RecId=5991
Substitute switch for sender.

Or Weld-in (solder) bungs:
http://www.jegs.com/c/Cooling_Hose-F...10603/10002/-1

Just wondered what's been tried and hopefully true.
Thanks,
DB
DAY51 is offline  
March 25th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: Caracas, Venezuela.

Posts: 20
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Cooling fan temp switch

MIDOGROCKET WHAT KIND OF BIKE ARE YOU EXACTLY RIDING ???


In my personal and humble opinion I think your bike gear is extremely high and maybe you are using to much clutch and the bike is working always in the warmer range, try to lower your gear by changing first your front sprocket (try a 12 or 13 T F SPROCKET), most offroad bikes betwen 250's and 570's use (12/52 and 13/52) you are using a 15/50, so that is like a 13/44 or 12/47, that gear I think is mostly to use it on highways and paved roads..

Good Luck!

Kurt from Caracas Venezuela.
KURTS78 is offline  
March 30th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From:

Posts: 4
Thanks: 0

I Ride:
Re: Cooling fan temp switch

There are many high voltage switches are available in market,you can find following features in proper switch
programmable set point,window and hysteresis function,two outputs programmable 1-100 Hz,max/min. memory,direct or remote installation,LED display with status indication 270 rot able,standardized menu structure,dip tube length up to 1 meter.
jsmthjsmith83 is offline  
March 30th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2002
From: Snowy Mountains NSW Australia

Posts: 1,588
Thanks: 128

I Ride:
Re: Cooling fan temp switch

Originally Posted by KURTS78
MIDOGROCKET WHAT KIND OF BIKE ARE YOU EXACTLY RIDING ???


In my personal and humble opinion I think your bike gear is extremely high and maybe you are using to much clutch and the bike is working always in the warmer range, try to lower your gear by changing first your front sprocket (try a 12 or 13 T F SPROCKET), most offroad bikes betwen 250's and 570's use (12/52 and 13/52) you are using a 15/50, so that is like a 13/44 or 12/47, that gear I think is mostly to use it on highways and paved roads..

Good Luck!

Kurt from Caracas Venezuela.
Tim, aka MeDogRocket, was on a 550 and then a 450 and like me rides single track a bit. I'm on a 650 and find that using the throttle is hard work, so use the clutch instead to manage drive in slow, tight terrain. Do it all day, and after lunch, its kick time because the battery is done from running the fan.

There are other solutions, eg 'floating the ground', but the higher temp switch helps, and is cheap and simple to implement.

Steve



Steve
steve is offline  
March 31st, 2010, 07:27 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2001
From: Loomis, CA

Posts: 448
Thanks: 4

I Ride:
Re: Cooling fan temp switch

The newer E-start KTM 2 strokes use a fan kit which has a thermo-sensor which splices into one of the rad hoses. That should be easy to adapt to any bike.
Chas is offline  
Reply

  Husaberg Forum > Mechanical and Technical > Cooling Systems

Tags
cooling, fan, switch, temp



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rev limit/Running Temp/Max Temp bergerboy650 Mechanical 2 September 25th, 2013 07:35 PM
Max Temp Mike6007 Cooling Systems 2 May 4th, 2012 06:02 AM
Radiator hose Inline fitting for fan temp switch DAY51 Cooling Systems 1 March 1st, 2010 01:11 PM
Best spot to put a 190F temp switch LeFrog Cooling Systems 2 August 6th, 2007 06:55 AM
Radiator hose Inline fitting for fan temp switch DAY51 Fuel 1 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed