Husaberg Forum

Husaberg Forum (http://husaberg.org/husaberg-forums.php)
-   Adventure Riding (http://husaberg.org/adventure-riding/)
-   -   Berg haters (http://husaberg.org/adventure-riding/18552-berg-haters.html)

berglsmerg September 24th, 2014 09:35 PM

Berg haters
 
Pulled up at servo to get a pack of durries today, was on the 610, and standing there was a trio of BMW 650 adventure bikes. I jokingly said, " You fellas should got a berg." To which one replied, "It would have broke down by now":mad:

They were from New Zealand, and had started their journey in Victoria and found themselves in my little country town in Western Queensland.

They asked for directions to the supermarket and I obliged, shoulda let the berg hating sheep shaggers starve. :p

Goose916 September 24th, 2014 10:32 PM

Some just dont get it. Especially those riding horizontally opposed twins that couldn't keep up with a berg at twice the displacement. Just wait until they need to order a new wiring harness and have to foot the bill for it.....

Anyway, glad you gave them directions and helped them out. Bigger man than their lot for sure.

rens bos September 25th, 2014 06:38 AM

Hi Berglsmerg,
Hey,don't even bother to answer the ignorant:p
By my knowledege B ( baboon ) M ( manure ) W (works) never had a good single cylinder in the World Enduro Championship,even the riders hated these things so much that one of them "literally" pissed on it in a enduro.
The rider's name is David ( Ridder ) please translate;)
These bikes are notorious for their strange handling,and how strange a few years later they were called Husqvarna:eek: be aware!! the 449 511 Husky's are the one's i mean!!
As for Husaberg in their first year,you and most of us know what happened:D:D

Grtz Rens

p.s.If they now the history of Enduro let's say the last decade they would probally more modest:rolleyes:

berglsmerg September 25th, 2014 08:14 AM

Yep fugg em. I got my durries, left there on the back wheel and pulled a couple more cogs on the back wheel for good measure.

Couldn't not help them out though, it just how we live out here.

Obviously the know nothing of gazzas Aussie rally team and the legendary reliability or dustbites 400hr+ 70 degree touring bikes.

Bitch
Made
Wuss machine:p

berglsmerg September 25th, 2014 08:27 AM

Rens here it is
http://husaberg.org/husaberg/10333-k...-left-bmw.html

tourist September 25th, 2014 08:41 AM

I really don't get people jonesing for the boat-like adventure bikes. Maybe an excuse to not have to learn the dynamics of a more aggressive bike but still feeling like they have big balls?

That said, the misconceptions about enduro bikes and reliability are a bit sad. Hurts us who like reliable but highly dirt-capable bikes as there's less market for them because people think they don't exist! Can't exist! Highly entrenched misunderstanding. People seem to conflate all proper offroadable bikes in one category, often "motocrossers", and all makes and models into one category - tall, scary, temperamental bikes that need piston swaps every 15 hours. The scary maintenance intervals in the manuals don't help either.

Oh well!

little berg September 25th, 2014 10:13 AM

Well spoken harry potter (trainee from the master wizard) "grtz rens"

Interesting berg....... I'll start reading that post....

rens bos September 25th, 2014 10:14 AM

Hi Tourist,
I can only confirm your story! But hey let them keep their own truth:p
The only sad but true reality is that in over 35 years about 20 bike manufacturers quit making very good enduro/crossbikes, some of them even got bankrupt:mad:
So i think that some riders think that a enduro is a cross a cross/country a trailbike etc.
Let them think that's the only truth;)

Groeten uit Nederland Rens

P.S.Love the remark about Jonas en de walvis:D

berglsmerg September 25th, 2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tourist (Post 152711)
I really don't get people jonesing for the boat-like adventure bikes. Maybe an excuse to not have to learn the dynamics of a more aggressive bike but still feeling like they have big balls?

That said, the misconceptions about enduro bikes and reliability are a bit sad. Hurts us who like reliable but highly dirt-capable bikes as there's less market for them because people think they don't exist! Can't exist! Highly entrenched misunderstanding. People seem to conflate all proper offroadable bikes in one category, often "motocrossers", and all makes and models into one category - tall, scary, temperamental bikes that need piston swaps every 15 hours. The scary maintenance intervals in the manuals don't help either.

Oh well!


I guess that cloud has a silver lining, it keeps dickheads off our bergs :happy:

ALARKA September 25th, 2014 05:34 PM

BMW ADV riders LOL Meh that say's it all there the snobs of the on/off road bikes and loath anything linked to there Daddy's bike KTM...Yuppie trash on bikes...Yea VW motors in a motorcycle chassis how ingenious!... Fn asshat's.

Taffy September 27th, 2014 01:39 AM

people are quite neutral about Husaberg over here in the UK. they were just turning the corner when they stopped making them.

I prophesised that it would take them 10 years to drop their old reputation and they were even quicker than that!

regards

Taffy

berglsmerg September 27th, 2014 02:38 PM

Winning three consecutivedirt bike of the year awards in Australia sure did wonders for the brand.

Asshat is a great description Alakra, those bikes ( and riders) were so shiny and clean, like haven't seen any dirt clean. Asshats...

rens bos September 28th, 2014 01:22 AM

Well Guys,
Let's be honest, if you won in a couple of years, the 500 and 350 World and European endurochampion ships, let alone inso much country's national titles.
Ofcourse there the comperison tests and awards over the years that Husaberg won, so my opinion is that the people at Husaberg were doing something terribly wrong, LOL
Do i need to say more?

Grtz Rens

Kayeffess September 28th, 2014 03:11 AM

Wow, tough crowd. I ride a 07 Dakar on the street and on dual sports. The BMW is a great bike but certainly has it's limits ... This is where the berg come in. I suppose any time you get a bunch of people together with the same brand, it becomes easy for them to flame another. But, I do agree many are asshats. The same type that we see sell their Harley and buy a brand new Ktm 1190 adv. they have never been off-road and probably never will. I think that is why Ktm came out with the 1190 as 990 just didn't have enough power for this group :)

tourist September 28th, 2014 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayeffess (Post 152834)
Wow, tough crowd. I ride a 07 Dakar on the street and on dual sports. The BMW is a great bike but certainly has it's limits ... This is where the berg come in.

True, thanks for the perspective.

I was wondering (grumbling) about the people jonesing for heavy dual-sports ... it does seem to me that sometimes people want them as a "lifestyle bike" ... but why would that annoy me? Why do I care? :)

I am however a little bit annoyed by how the motorcycle market isn't effective at conveying information. But then again if I believe that offroad motorcycling has bought me deep spiritual satisfaction, then surely there is more of that to be had by telling and teaching others what I know.

berglsmerg September 28th, 2014 05:33 AM

I'm just ragging out on some f#ckwits that took one look at the brand of bike I've put untold time and love into and dismissed it with a glib comment. :cry:

Fvck this, I'm going window shopping for a mobile phone.

rens bos September 28th, 2014 06:39 AM

I agree with both Kayeffess and Tourist,
Back in'79 and at the begin of 80's there were the BMW GS boxer bikes used in both world and european enduro championships successfuly!!!
Note that the riders were known for their mentality: message is simple gas it!!!;)
Tourist this one is for you! "Niet lullen maar poetsen" or in english stop dicking around and just go for it:D
As for these 650 goats let it be, Where dit i hear this frase before?:D

Grtz Rens

p.s.look at youtube under classic enduro, like Zchopau, you see some of these 2 cylinders at work at very respectable speed, ridden by guys with a respectable age:cool:

Hoosaberg October 2nd, 2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berglsmerg (Post 152844)
I'm just ragging out on some f#ckwits that took one look at the brand of bike I've put untold time and love into and dismissed it with a glib comment. :cry:

Fvck this, I'm going window shopping for a mobile phone.


I can understand your pain. It really has nothing to do with bike brands. It's getting outwitted by a Kiwi and not having a quick comeback.
Lets Invade New Zealand, Gruentransfer Pitch - YouTube

berglsmerg October 3rd, 2014 02:24 AM

:cry: can't play cricket either.

rens bos October 3rd, 2014 05:32 AM

Hey Berglsmerg,
Isn't riding youre Husaberg not enough?
About that cricket game, i don't now anything about it to, so why bother:p

Grtz Rens

berglsmerg October 3rd, 2014 06:02 AM

It's an old rivalry between aus and nz.

FlatTrack January 14th, 2015 03:01 PM

ive never met anyone who doesnt want to buy my berg.

even old ladies ask to have first refusal when I come to sell it ;)

berglsmerg January 26th, 2015 04:03 AM

Well here is a thread revival (sorry in advance) but Ive been looking for a 650 berg as a project and my efforts on google have turned up nothing (I mean nothing as in a bike to purchase in Australia) except for some really nasty and hurtful remarks about the brand wether its 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th generation bergs.:eek:

worstinfinland January 26th, 2015 05:09 AM

Yes, even I'm ashamed riding on a berg.

That's why I ride with a helmet on.

little berg January 27th, 2015 02:09 AM

Mmm... berg.. ? if u was really looking for a 650? have u try gumtree? type in husaberg 650 , & high lighted "motorcycle+scooters"
if u know this already?....all good , not much on bikepoint .....
just a thou
gumtree free...that why pple use it
I still look around abit & see few, wouldnt mind a 2nd one in FS me self

berglsmerg January 27th, 2015 02:18 AM

Copy that mate thanks.

crispy duck January 27th, 2015 12:48 PM

Ha I have a berg 570 and also a BMW 650 x moto both are good fun

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4yknn2z9u...dutfn6PpHP3Kma

ned37 January 27th, 2015 04:19 PM

Ha indeed:cool:

Hoosaberg March 8th, 2015 04:00 AM

There was a few on ebay during February, one in Townsville with a big bore kit and running methanol. Fair price on it as well.

spanner March 8th, 2015 04:18 AM

I have been looking world wide for 550 parts for a special project... nothing so far let alone at a price that is reasonable... Ducati parts are a dime a dozen,
as a comparison.....
These bikes are rare and they are not making any more...

berglsmerg March 8th, 2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosaberg (Post 159012)
There was a few on ebay during February, one in Townsville with a big bore kit and running methanol. Fair price on it as well.

Could have been the Koppes Grasstree beach racer/flat tracker.

Bjorn March 8th, 2015 08:08 AM

They probably has a point!!

Went out yestardyay, only lasted an hour.

Kickstart wouldnt stay in place after having it welded after cracking,
Kinked fuel line, bike kept cutting out
Battery then died, trie kicking a Berg over time and time again in nasty gnarly trails.
Over heated..
Side stand spring snapped...

Rider proper broken, went home sulking, oh blow half the engine out through one of the breather pipes on the rocker cover...in fairness, some of my issues where not really the fault of the bike, but we were not Friends yesterday.

watch with caution, foul language. lol...


tourist March 8th, 2015 08:49 AM

damn, sorry to hear that :/

Taffy March 9th, 2015 03:48 AM

where were you Bjorn?

I know the lad at the beginning I think with the 125KTM, wafe of a lad and I think his "da" might ride too?

met him last year and he helped me at bastard hill (bonkers hill) near Sarn Helen.

it sounds like the air filter is over oiled? might be just the microphone though?

check how many turns out your PS is? has the PS fallen out?

check your tappets. one may be tight.

Taffy

PEI Mudder March 9th, 2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjorn (Post 159019)
They probably has a point!!

Went out yestardyay, only lasted an hour.

Kickstart wouldnt stay in place after having it welded after cracking,
Kinked fuel line, bike kept cutting out
Battery then died, trie kicking a Berg over time and time again in nasty gnarly trails.
Over heated..
Side stand spring snapped...


Sounds like you are in need of a new more qualified mechanic :p

octopusenvy December 24th, 2015 03:35 PM

thread revival...i sold my 09 BMW g650x challenge, the only BMW that had some potential as a RTW/ADV/Enduro bike, for a 2012 Hoonaberg fe570. I didn't even blink and I'm a kiwi :)

NZ FE December 10th, 2016 01:30 AM

Another kiwi stopping in to say it's not a kiwi thing it's the Starbuck BMW riders... Sorry for you experience. There a many berg lovers here in NZ. BUT BMW owners are like KTM owner they believe the price tag of their bike buys the superiority over other riders, but all it it is a badge the rest of us can identify them by. The only BMW I would ever consider would be the X Challenge But then it would need all the suspension up graded so not a real option then are they. Especially when you can have all that and much more in blue and yellow weighing in at 109kg...

proflow April 27th, 2018 05:25 PM

I happen to like my Berg alot, its light, nimble & predictable.
Ive owned over 20 bikes & this one & my Harley are not for sale :)

pollo April 28th, 2018 08:03 AM

Berg hating comes from people who just don't know that much about them but especially since they have not ridden them.
Back in 06 when I owned an 05 Crf450r and 01 Cr500 there was an 05 FS450 slightly used for sale on the Honda dealer floor. I had barely heard about Husaberg at the time and although it looked interesting I was not interested in an exotic bike.
Several months later in 07 a co-worker rides to work on his 98 Fe600. I was immediately
interested with this plated lightweight 600 and asked where he bought it.
I went right over to the Husaberg dealer and bought a brand new 05 Fe650 on the showroom floor. With never a regret 11 years later.
If you have never ridden a Husaberg you may as well be content with what you have as I was. But that first day out on the dirt on the 650 was amazing. Light, nimble, great handling and the power was incredible. When you have a bike this good it worth following
the maintenance recommendations.
I have said that if anyone who has talked bad about them have the chance to ride one and continues with their negative opinion they are probably lying.

pollo

rosenberg 450 08 April 28th, 2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollo (Post 185934)
Berg hating comes from people who just don't know that much about them but especially since they have not ridden them.
Back in 06 when I owned an 05 Crf450r and 01 Cr500 there was an 05 FS450 slightly used for sale on the Honda dealer floor. I had barely heard about Husaberg at the time and although it looked interesting I was not interested in an exotic bike.
Several months later in 07 a co-worker rides to work on his 98 Fe600. I was immediately
interested with this plated lightweight 600 and asked where he bought it.
I went right over to the Husaberg dealer and bought a brand new 05 Fe650 on the showroom floor. With never a regret 11 years later.
If you have never ridden a Husaberg you may as well be content with what you have as I was. But that first day out on the dirt on the 650 was amazing. Light, nimble, great handling and the power was incredible. When you have a bike this good it worth following
the maintenance recommendations.
I have said that if anyone who has talked bad about them have the chance to ride one and continues with their negative opinion they are probably lying.

pollo

That's true, how may people who think that the Husaberg 650 is somehow has to be some great lump like the Honda XR600 or XR650.

I am like showing them, look see ! it's just like a 450 :furious: and some how they can't see it :giggle: :rolleyes:

Or they say the Honda CR500 will out perform it, rubbish ! the CR500 is just a shit box to a 650 husaberg.

A mate went from his CR500 to his 07 650 Husaberg and points that out all the time.
He was the biggest Honda man going and then turned around bagging the shit out of Hondas as rubbish, says that the early Hondas were a good thing back in the day but says the last of the XR600's were crap quality and the CR500 was out of date. :spin:

Bring back the real Husaberg's I say, 2008 was when they killed off the best enduro bike ever made in the world.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Copyright © 2018 Husaberg Forum. All rights reserved.